Monday, February 17, 2014

Finished: Rag Rug Stool

Back in May last year I started this WIP rag-rug. I used all left over scraps from two of the girls quilts that I had cut out. Last week I found it again, at the bottom of my sewing WIP pile. Here it is finally finished.

The stool legs I purchased from the local hardware store and attached to custom wood cut to size. 

I finished the edge with a band of bias-binding, with a row of straight stitch and a zig-zag to hold the non-slip in place.  A threaded piece of elastic through the binding finished it off and allowed for a nice snug fit over the wooden stool. 
I was going to staple gun it to the wood, but decided I would like to be able to remove the cover if I need to wash it.

original link from pinterest


1 comment:

  1. Love this one too. I had to laugh, she is sitting like a real lady, beautiful!