Monday, February 17, 2014

DIY: shadow box facelift

There is nothing more that I love, then finding some tools and hardware and doing some DIY. 

I bought a set of these shadow boxes for the children's new rooms. I wanted to hang them. But oh, look at that blunder. It was a metal strap behind the gyprock that they put on the stud frame. The stud finder didn't find it. So I was left with a bunch of unwanted holes. I got the boxes hanging, but was left with extra holes. It had been on my list of to-do's to bog it up next time we had the bog out. 

Until some smart person gave me the idea of putting scrapbook paper behind it. 




With my little helper alongside me, we worked in silence. The little lady found her sisters animals. There was quietness the whole time we were in there.


After cutting the paper to size and a small amount of paper glue to the back of the box it was da-dum. Sorted. And easy.




A nice and simple way to add a bit of colour and splash to the walls.

Now just to bog up the last little holes. And repaint.

L.

2 comments: