Monday, April 30, 2012

Krista Throw

Here are some more closeup shots of the squares I have completed for the Krista Throw Rug that Spotlight has running via Facebook at the moment. They release one square each Friday. Each of my blocks are done in a 6.5mm or 6.0mm hook and come out at approx 18cm square.

If you are looking for something to help you learn more stitches, I would recommend giving this throw a go.

**The photos dont really do the colours any justice**

Block 11: Another flower centered one.
Block 10 - basket weave, using 'front post' and 'back post' trebles. Must say I'm glad I conquered it, I now know how to do this stitch and once I had it figured out it wasn't so hard as it looks!

Block 9:


Block 8:


Block 7: clusters again.

A lady from our crochet group has made up some extra squares to join in with the blanket for those interested. Hoping to make mine a little bigger then just the 25 squares.

Extra Square #1:


Extra Block #2:

Spotlights completed throw in white:
Don't think I am going with their big edge border though....
Enjoy your week.
L.

No comments:

Post a Comment