Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Scheepjes CAL {crochet} week one to four

Out in the crochet web world, there has been a CAL that has many people madly crocheting away. Wink, from A Creative Being together with Sheepjeswol put together this Crochet-A-Long. While curiosity for another mystery blanket got the better of me, I really didn't want to purchase another whole pack of yarn, and have to try and complete six squares per week to keep up. With the house still requiring lots of attention during my week, and the general run of the house to keep up, I couldn't do it. I opted to use cotton from my stash, Bendigo 8ply in Latte, using a 3.25mm hook, and do one square of each pattern and go from there. A nice evening project.

Today, I share with you the first four weeks squares. After a simple block, the cotton squares have come up beautiful.



week one:

oops.

week two:
popcorn stitch. I have not really used this stitch before, but very effective.

week three:


week four: 
a flower square. always fun and fiddly to do. 

Have you joined in? It's a great way to learn new stitches and techniques. Check out the link to her web page at the top of this post, where she has all the patterns released so far.

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment