Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sewing: Quilt top #1 done!

I managed! I finished hand stitching the binding of the first quilt with 3 hours spare before her birthday. (it has just taken me 3 weeks to get some photos.) I pulled off her old doona while she slept, and she woke under her new one in the morning. 


And I had managed to keep it all a surprise - even when I thought I had made a huge blunder in front of her in the school car-park. But thankfully, she had no idea I was completing it - and there has been sweet dreams ever since.


(the granny square pillow was her first crochet project)

The little picture squares are one of her top favourites. Mine would be the square below.



Reverse of the quilt.

And now I have two more to go.
L.


1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing! Really love the fabrics. And well done for keeping it such a well guarded secret :-)

    ReplyDelete